Bolshoj Almatinski Pik (3681m over sea level)

Tuesday 2005-09-13

Start of the hiking trip to Bolshoj Almatinskij Pik (Big Almaty Peak).

A map (scale 1:50000) of the hiking trip:



We started from a place called "GES-2", which can be reached by taxi from Almaty in about 30 minutes:






Bolshoe Almatinskoe Osero (Big Almaty Lake) at about 2500 meters:


Anja and Veronika went together with me to the lake. They returned to Almaty the same day, the rest of the hiking trip I did alone.


















Short break at the seismologic station (at 3300 m), where I also spent the night:




After the short brak I continued the trip to the peak:































I returned to the seismologic station at about 7 p.m.:




My bed:


Vassily, the technician of the station:





Wednesday 2005-09-14

I didn't return on the same way back to GES-2, but went on another path to Alma-Arasan, from where I took a bus to Almaty.

The weather and the landscape were great:




The mountains in the background are already in Kirgistan. The border is about 7 km from here:




















Continue

No comments: